Types of machinery transport packaging
Once the team of engineers has studied and assessed the characteristics and conditions to which our machinery is going to be exposed, it is the moment in which our team of engineers begins to design the machinery transport packaging that we will need to guarantee shipment and successful conservation. For this, we have a range of materials and types of machinery packaging available:
- Wooden boxes: Wooden boxes: The use of wooden boxes is common and widespread in the logistics and transport sector. We have it in different versions: boxes, cages, platforms or in combination with other materials such as cardboard. The great advantage of wood is that it absorbs vibrations and humidity very well and also allows easy adaptation and handling of the merchandise since they can be folded, improving their subsequent storage, they are a practical and customizable packaging option for machinery.
- Polyester straps for lashing: They are used to lash the goods and thus avoid impacts. In addition, they are perfectly adaptable to the shape and morphology of the machinery packaging we are using. It is also a highly resistant product, which allows us to use it in shipments of great weight and volume.
- Pallets : Using pallets in machinery transport packaging ensures that our load remains stable during transport, handling and storage. It is essential that the pallet is compatible with the transport we use.
- Polyethylene foam: These foams are fully adaptable to the design and shape of the machinery that we have to transport, being a protection made entirely to measure with the shape of the machine or the parts that we transport. With this type of protection, we ensure protection against impacts, we avoid the use of molds and it can also be recycled, being an ecological alternative to help reduce our carbon footprint with each shipment.
- Bubble wrap: Choosing to add bubble wrap, foam or even airbags as an element of protection and padding inside our packaging is an excellent option as an internal protection layer, gaining extra protection against shocks and vibrations.
How To Choose Machinery Packaging
As we have mentioned before, we must design the packaging to send our machinery looking for the maximum optimization of protection and costs. Thanks to the extensive experience of the Embalex packaging engineering and design team, we have been able to determine a series of basic aspects that we must take into account:
- Method of transport: Depending on whether the transport is going to be by air, sea or by road, the packaging must be adapted to the specific needs, not only to reduce the possibility of blows, but also to adapt to the regulations and requirements of each means of transport. transport and thus avoid problems in customs.
- Climatology: We must take into account the climatic conditions to decide the type of packaging for our machinery. For example, if the machinery is going to be transported by sea, we must design an anticorrosive packaging and thus avoid damage inside the packaging.
- Size and weight: These are essential conditions to review. Depending on the size and weight of the shipment, we must make decisions on materials and packaging design. If we send loose small parts, the packaging will be very different from a large machine with heavy goods packaging.
At Embalex, we have been providing customized packaging solutions for machinery shipments since 1918, guaranteeing the safety and protection of our clients' machinery with maximum communication throughout the process.