For this reason, it is interesting to learn about industrial shrink packaging and the benefits it provides.
What is Industrial Shrink Packaging?
The main characteristic of shrink packaging is that it is a fire-retardant material, which means that it is resistant to heat and fire . For this reason, it is used in the freight transport and storage sector, to protect the load.
This type of material is made up of polyethylene and thermal adhesive rubber, and is obtained by sealing PET plastic with a thermal gun.
We must bear in mind that when we pack our merchandise we must do it with a flexible and resistant material, and shrink-wrapped plastic is ideal for this.
Industrial shrink packaging is a very flexible and at the same time very resistant material.
Thanks to its particularity, it can be used on any type of load, be it angular, irregular, since its shrink-wrapping capacity allows adaptation to all types of load.
Benefits of shrink packaging: Why should we incorporate it into cargo protection?
As we have mentioned, this type of packaging is resistant to fire and heat, and also allows the merchandise to be compacted, preventing it from moving during its transport and handling processes.
Being able to compact and protect the merchandise is one of the points that we must take into account the most, and shrink packaging gives us this benefit, protecting the load from external factors to prevent its corrosion.
We must bear in mind that cargo is exposed to many factors when it travels, whether by land, air or sea. For example: It is exposed to UVA rays, rain, high salinity of the water, etc. ultimately to factors that are highly corrosive. For this reason, shrink packaging is ideal, offering great benefits to our cargo:
- High strength
- Adaptable and flexible
- UVA protection
- Rain protection
- Tear protection
- Dirt protection
Uses and functionalities of industrial shrink packaging
The use of this type of packaging is very extensive, because as we have seen it has great benefits, however, its use stands out especially in:
- Exportation, its compactness, resistance and adaptability characteristics make its use essential, as it guarantees that the merchandise does not suffer from corrosion and arrives safe and sound at its destination.
- Storage of products abroad , the retractable plastic allows to protect the merchandise against all kinds of external agents. It offers impermeability, thermal stability, protection against UVA rays, flexibility when moving merchandise, among other benefits.
- Palletizing , its use is widespread in this type of practice, since as it is shrink-wrapped, it allows the fixation and compactness of the load, ensuring that it does not move or fall during handling.
As an industrial packaging company in Barcelona , with more than 100 years of experience, we have become experts in this type of material, ensuring that our clients can protect their goods of all kinds and in different means of transport.
Some services that we have offered to our clients in Barcelona regarding the use of industrial shrink packaging are:
As we can see, shrink-wrapped plastic stands out for its high flexibility and resistance, being able to shrink-wrap the load no matter how irregular or angular it may be, which is whyshrink-wrapping is widely used in the industrial sector .
Shrink plastic is a flexible and very resistant material that allows the shrink-wrapping of the load, whether irregular or angular , offering protection and compactness against possible perforations and tears during transport or long-term storage.
Industrial shrink packaging process How do we do it?
- Step 1: Surface Preparation . We put special emphasis on flattening the hollow areas and protecting the protrusions of the merchandise so that it does not suffer damage.
Step 2: Cargo coverage. We cover the entire load with PET plastic, ensuring that the surface is fully protected.
- Step 3: Heat sealing. Once we have the surface prepared and covered, we apply the shrink wrap by sealing it with PET plastic heat guns.
- Step 4: Placement of mesh and/or signage. To mark hooking areas of the merchandise for its correct handling.
Recycling of industrial shrink packaging
At the Embalex group we are aware that environmental sustainability is something vital for everyone, which is why shrink-wrapped plastic is a material that is easily recycled, compressed, cut and shredded. Once this process has passed, it is washed and melted again, being able to transform it into all kinds of products, and it also complies with ISO 22000 regulations.
In conclusion, shrink-wrapped plastic is one of the most effective packaging options in the industrial sector, thanks to the protection characteristics it provides to merchandise: its compliance with regulations, its high recyclability and its low cost.